Tuesday, March 3, 2009

we all have many destinies

Starlog 2 dash 18 dash 2009, oops wrong genre. Here goes my first blog entry ever: Stepping out of the mist...

I do my best thinking in the shower, but it's kind of like waking up from a dream. I can't always translate those thoughts completely as I try to recall them afterwards.

Do you believe in fate? I think that destiny is plastic. It changes depending on the actions you take and the decisions you make. It's like ripples in a pond, one action creates waves that spread out to touch others in its path. The calm that results is the achievement of contented fulfillment, a momentary destiny.

It's important to keep striving to fulfill your destiny. It will not come to you or happen to you if you do nothing. Only if you keep searching for your true self, what makes you unique, what you can do to make a difference.

I know I'm fulfilling my destiny bc right now I'm perfectly content being married and a full time mom. Now in five years, if I don't try something new, how can I still be happy and inspire myself, much less anyone else?

Going after your destiny is not about always looking for the next challenge and never appreciating the present. It's about knowing when to recognize you've achieved an interim destiny and enjoying it - be happy until you see something else on the horizon that will further your destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment